Registering a new business
- Click on register business link on the welcome page.
- Registering business involves multiple steps; Business Details, Tax details, and Owner details.
- Business Details: Fill out the relevant fields; select the appropriate currency & Time zone; click on Next. Time Zone & Currency can be different for different registered businesses.
- Tax Details: You should fill out at least one Tax name and Tax number. Tax is like GST/VAT which varies for different countries. Fill details & click on next.
- Owner Details: Provide asked details. Username & Password are used to login so make sure you remember them.
- The owner created during this registration will be admin of the business. More admin can be added/edited/deleted from user management section.
- Click on the register button and after successful registration, it will get redirected to login screen. Login with owner username/password created.
Note: You can change any of the above details in the business settings section.
IONIC Shop comes with the option to handle multiple business locations or WareHouse or Storefronts for your business.
A default location is added to the newly created business.
Invoice Scheme: Before creating a new location or storefront, you can define a new Invoice scheme or you can use existing invoice schemes. But having different invoice schemes for locations can help you to identify them.
Invoice Scheme is invoice number format.
Invoice Layout: If you wish to have a different invoice layout for the location then you should create an invoice layout before creating a new location.
You can always change invoice scheme & Invoice Layout for a Business location anytime.
- To create a new Business Location / Storefront or warehouse go to “settings -> Business Locations”
- Fill the business details.
- Choose an Invoice scheme & Invoice Layout for the location.
– When having multiple locations you will have to select the Location while adding purchases or in the pos screen.
- Inventory and transactions are managed separately for each location you create so that you can easily track and analyze them for each location.
Disabling Business Location:
To disable a business location click on Disable button present in List Business Location.
NOTE 1: After a business location is disbabled any users assigned to that business location must be assigned to other non-disabled business location.
NOTE 2: You must keep atleast 1 business location non-disabled. If all business location is disabled then the application will throw errors.
- User Management -> Users -> Add New
- Fill the user details, select user role, give a unique username.
- Sales Commission Percentage (%): Provide the commission % for this user. This option gets applied if the commission agent feature is enabled.
- : Activate/Deactivate the user.
- You can edit/delete a user.
Refer to the image below
Max sales discount:
The maximum discount this user can give during sales in the POS & sales screen. If you don’t want to have this restriction then simply keep this value blank.
Refer to the image below
- Every new business comes with some default roles – Admin & Cashier.
Admin have all permissions in the application.
Cashier have permission to only POS section.
- You can create a role by clicking on Add button -> Giving a role name and then selecting the appropriate permission for that role.
- Sometime you may need to give a user access to a/some particular location(s) only. In this case, select the locations from “Access locations” permission. Select “All Locations” to give permission to access all locations for your business.
- Roles permissions can be edited & Deleted.
Note: You must update the role of an existing user before deleting a role.
Commission Agent is useful for many businesses. Businesses pay sales agent/commission agent commission on every sale they bring.
Enabling & Choosing Commission Agent Type:
By default Commission Agent is Disabled. You can enable it from Settings -> Business Settings -> Sales. Sales Commission Agent drop-down.
You will see 3 different types:
- Logged in User: If this option is used then the Logged in User will be automatically considered as the commission agent for the sales added by him. Meaning the user adding the sales will get the commission for the sales.
- Select from User’s List: If this option is enabled then in POS & Sales Screen you will see the list of “users” present in your business. The user adding the sales will select the commission agent from the list of users displayed.
- Select from Commission Agent List: If this option is enabled then in POS & Sales Screen you will see the list of “Sales Commission Agents” present in your business. The user adding the sales will select the commission agent from the list of “Sales Commission Agents” displayed.
Select the option as per your business requirements.
Adding Commission Percentage:
You can add commission % while adding/editing the User or Sales Commission Agent
Calculating Commission Amount:
To See the commission amount, Go to Reports -> Sales Representative Report.
Select the User for which you want to see the commission amount.
On selecting it will show you the detailed summary of Total Sale, Total Sale Commission & Total Expense. Also, the table below lists all the transactions.
NOTE: Sales commission is calculated without shipping or tax. Sales commissions are from the sales of the items, not the overhead cost such as taxes, freight, shipping, handling, etc.
After getting the commission amount, IONIC Shop have 2 ways to make payment for the commission.
- Calculate the commission from the sales representative report and after paying the amount add it as an expense in Add Expense menu.
- In Add expense, select the Expense-For dropdown
Using HRM module
- Use the HRM module
- In the HR module, when creating payroll for a user, it will automatically include the sales commission.
- Sales commission will be shown as Payroll-Components so that the business owner and the user both know details of the commission.
Customer & Supplier Ledger
To view customer or supplier ledger
- Go to Contacts -> Supplier/Customer
- In that screen you will be able to see Ledger for the customer or supplier.
- You can select a date-range and use the checkbox filters to show/hide certain transaction type.
Opening balance is the balance contact (customer or supplier) have at the beginning of using the software.
Suppose you’re shifting the data from another software to UltimatePOS then the opening balance of the contact will be the balance amount which the contact has to pay/receive to/from you.
Opening balance for customer = Amount the customer has to pay
Opening balance for supplier = Amount you have to pay to the supplier.
Adding Opening balance
You can add an opening balance when adding/editing the supplier or customer. In the add contact screen, you will find the opening balance field.
View Opening balance payment
To view the opening balance of contact, go to List Supplier/customer, go to view, and on the view page, you will find the opening balance & opening balance due.
Pay or receive payment of opening Balance
Adding payment of the opening balance is the same as any other payments. Go to list Customer/Supplier -> Actions -> Pay.
It will open a popup modal where you can enter the payment amount.
Any contact can be supplier, Customer or Both (Supplier & Customers)
Adding Suppliers & Customers
- Goto Contacts -> Suppliers or Customer
- Click on add new contact. Select contact type – Supplier/Customer/Both
- Based on the contact type selected – it will show the relevant fields. Fill the relevant details.
- Click on More More Information button to see more field.
- Pay Terms: This will help the system to notify you of any pending payments for suppliers & customers. You can specify pay term in either days or months.
- Customer Group: Read details here.
- Credit Limit: This is the maximum amount of credit that can be given to the customer. If in any sales the credit exceeds this amount then it won’t allow selling on credit.
- Opening Balance: Opening balance of a customer or supplier before you start using UltimatePOS. So if there is any previous balance you can add here.
- Advance balance: Sometimes customer/supplier pay/takes money in advance. This wil show the amount of advance balance paid or take by the customer/supplier respectively.
Viewing Suppliers & Customers
- To view details about a Supplier or Customer click on View button. It will show the complete details along with the relevant transactions (Purchases & Sales) for that contact.
- Pay Due amount: You can use this button to pay the due amount for a customer or supplier. This will pay the overall due amount for all invoices.
With customer Groups, you can classify a customer as Retail Customers, WholeSale Customer, Friends, Colleagues and whatever you will love to…
1. To add a “Customer Group” go to Contacts -> Customer Groups & Click on “Add” button.
2. It will show a popup asking for customer group name & Calculation Percentage.
Calculation percentage is used to calculate selling price.
– Suppose if the Selling Price set for a product Product1 is $200
– Customer Group Name = Friend
Calculation Percentage = -20
– Note: -20 (notice a minus sign) or you may set it 20 = +20%
– And you have created a customer with Harry with Customer Group assigned as Friend.
– Now go to pos or Sell screen. Select the customer Harry and add the product1.
– You will notice that the selling price set for the product1 will be 200-20% = $160
This is how customer Group works.
Customer Group does an internal calculation and applied the calculation percentage to the selling price. It will not show a separate discount on the invoice or the pos screen.
This feature is highly useful when you have retail, wholesale or different customer categories.
You can view report for different customer group from “Customer Groups Report” or in other terms if you have retail and wholesale customer group you can see which type of customer group is giving more sale.
- Go to – Products > Add Products.
- Provide a Product Name,
SKU: Add a unique SKU which will be used to identify the product & Print barcode in labels. Leave it empty to auto-generate it. You can also add a Prefix for auto-generated SKU.
Barcode Type: Select a barcode type, default/recommended is C128 option. We recommend changing if only if the product added already have an SKU number for it.
Not For Selling: If a product is maked not-for-selling then it will not be displayed in POS or sales screen. This can be useful when using manufacturing module to make the ingredients as product not-for-selling also if you want to temporary disable selling for some products.
Alert Quantity: Alert quantity is used to alert when remaining stocks reaches to this level or below it.
Manage stock: Enable/Disable stock management at a product level. Product stock management is not required for services like Repairing, Hair Cutting, Web Development Printing. For items with Manage Stock Unchecked (disabled), you can sell them in unlimited quantities. Selling of service using IONIC Shop
- Business Location: Select the business location(s) where this product can sold or purchased.
- Select Applicable tax for that product. Adding Tax
- Product Type:
- Applicable for products with no variation with them then select single
- When selecting Single product – You will need to enter the Default product price including/excluding tax, Profit Margin % (you can set default profit margin from settings -> Business Settings; this will help to type % every time). Based on the profit margin it will auto calculate selling price excluding of Tax. You can also enter the selling price manually and it will auto adjust the profit margin for you.
- Applicable to a product having variations (like size or color or design or flavors etc) You can define variation templates from Products -> Variations. The advantage of creating variation is that it saves time to add same variations multiple time.
- When selecting Variable product – It will display different fields to add all variations and its related Purchase price, Selling Price. You have to select the variations from the dropdown and it will auto-populate the variations for that template. You can change the variable name, Variation values.
- To give same purchase price or selling price or profit for all variations of a product click on the double tick present in the first variation.
- Read more about adding variations
Combo or Bundle Product
- Combo product are also called bundle products.
- It is offering several products as one combined product.
For example a product “Computer Set” can have: 1 PC Monitor + 1 PC CPU + 1 Pc Keyboard + 1 PC mouse
So when someone buys Computer set she gets all the products in it.
- Stock of bundled product depends on stock of individual products present in that bundle.
Example: if you have 5 PC Monitor, 4 PC CPU , 10 pc Keyboard, 50 PC mouse, the stock of Computer set will be 4 PC.
- When the bundle product is sold, stock of all products inside them is automatically deducted.
- Individual products present in bundle product can also be sold separately.
- Bundle products cannot be purchased, only individual products present in it can be purchased.
Click on Save.
You can edit a product. You can also Copy / Export to CSV, PDF or Excel file.
Adding Products with multiple variations:
If you have products which involve multiple variations like for example a Shirt can have Color & Size variation, then we have multiple ways to work with it:
Solution 1, Create combined variation: Can a variation with a name “Color-Size” and add values like Red-Small, Red-Medium, Red-Large, etc, this can be used for while adding the Shirt.
Solution 2, Create multiple Products: Create multiple different products like Shirt-Red, Shirt-Green, Shirt-Blue with size as variations. When you create multiple products you will NOT have to enter the same details multiple times, first, add the Shirt-Red with all size variations of it and then use the Duplicate Product action to copy the data.
Assigning/remove locations of multiple products at once:
Go to List Products and refer to this screenshot.
Deactivating & Activating Product:
Refer to the screenshot.
Using Product barcode:
How can we use the product’s barcode instead of creating and printing new for every product?
How can we use the brand’s barcode of the product instead of creating and printing new for every product?
When creating a product, in the SKU field enter the barcode number of the product. This barcode will be used to identify the product in all screens like POS, Sales, purchases, reports, and others.
How to add a product that already has a Barcode?
Adding products that already have a barcode, follow the same steps as adding any other products.
- Go to add products
- Fill in all the product details
- IMPORTANT: in the SKU field scan or enter the barcode of the product.
Adding product quantity or adding product stock
For systematically managing your business, product quantities can be added in 3 ways:
- Adding Opening stock
- Adding purchases
- Manufacturing product: Useful for manufacturers, required manufacturing module.
- ? To give same purchase price or selling price or profit for all variations of a product click on the double tick present in the first variation.
- Read more about adding variations
Different Products have different units. IONIC Shop allows you to add different units of products.
- Go to Settings -> Units
- Give the unit name, a short name and choose if want unit to allow decimals.
Allow Decimal: Yes.
Allowing decimal allows you to purchase/Sell the product in decimal and vice-versa.
This can be useful if you purchase products in a different unit and sell it in a different unit.
For example: Purchase in dozens and sell in pieces.
Or purchase in boxes and sell in pieces.
- Add the lower unit from Add Unit Screen. For example pieces.
- Add the higher unit as per the screenshot:
- Check “Add as multiple of other unit”
Provide the conversion Details.
- Use the unit in Add/Edit Product. While adding/editing purchase/ sale you can see the dropdown for units. Select the desired unit and it will change the unit purchase/sales price accordingly.
NOTE: You will not see the main Units (Dozen in this example) in the Add-Product Unit dropdown, select piece as the unit of product. All purchases/sales get saved in the lower unit (pieces in the above example). So after adding purchases/sales if you edit the conversion details, it will affect the purchases/sales quantity accordingly.
Selecting relevant Sub Units for a products
For some products not all sub-units will be required. Suppose for example you sell Oranges only in Dozens or only in pieces then it will be useful.
Enable it from Business settings ->Products -> Enable relevant sub-units
Now when adding products select the Unit for the products and it will give option to select multiple applicable sub-units. Selecting the sub-units will allow you to do purchases or sales on this selected sub-units.
To enable warrany in products go to Settings -> Business Settings -> Products -> Enable Warranty
- Adding Warranty: Add warranty types by going to Products -> Warranty.
- Assigining warranty for products: Go to Add/Edit product and select the warranty that is applicable for the product.
- Sell with warranty: Any products which has warranty assigned when sold will use the transaction date as start of warranty. You can display warranty in receipts by enabling it from Invoice layout.
Product Category (Categorizing products)
Categorising products helps you to easily manage and filter them in reports.
Adding Category & Sub-Category
- Go to Settings -> Categories -> Add
- Add Category name, category code(HSN code)
- If the category is sub-category select “Add as sub-category” and select the parent category.
Enabling expiry for products
- “Add Item expiry” => Choose this option if you want to directly add the expiry of the item in purchase screen.
- “Add manufacturing date & Expiry date” => Choose this option if you want to add the manufacturing date of the item and the expiry period. Based on the manufacturing date and expiry period it will auto-calculate the expiry date. And this expiry date can be edited. You will have to add expiry period for the product in “Add or Edit Product” screen. And the manufacturing date in “Add Purchase” screen.
- “Keep Selling” => Choose this option if you want the application to keep the selling the product even after expiry.
- “Stop Selling n days before” => Choose this option to stop selling the item n days before the expiry. You will have to specify the value of n (which is number of days before to stop selling)
- FIFO (First In First Out) => In this the old stock should be sold first.
- LIFO (Last In First Out) => In this the most recent purchase stock should be sold.
Stock Expiry Report:
Stock Expiry Alert:
What is Lot Number?
Enabling Lot Number
To enable lot number go to, Settings -> Business Settings -> Purchases
Check the Enable Lot number checkbox and update settings.
Adding Lot number from Purchases
If the lot number is enabled as described above then when adding purchase stock it will display the lot number field for entering the lot number.
Adding lot number from add opening Stock:
If lot number is enabled then when adding opening stock it displays the input field to enter lot number.
Selling products from specific Lot
Refer to the IONIC Shop POS selling documentation Lot number description.
Selling price groups allow you to add different prices for a product.
- Sell at different prices: wholesale/retail
- Different prices for different locations
Adding Selling Price Groups:
- Go to products -> Selling Price Group
- Click on “Add” button to add a new price group. For example Retail price or WholeSale price or Bulk Purchase price or Location 1 price etc as per your wish.
- You can view a list of selling prices in “Selling Price Group” screen.
Adding price for different price groups:
- In Add/Edit product screen in the bottom, you will find the button “Save & Add Selling-price-group price”. Click on that button. Note: this button will not be visible if there are no selling price groups.
- In the next screen, you will see the list of the product name (if variable product then all variations), the default price & selling price groups price. Enter the prices for it.
- Click on Save.
Exporting & Importing selling price group:
- Go to Products -> Selling Price Group.
- First download the excel file with the selling price group by clicking on “Export Selling Price Group Prices” button.
- In the downloaded file change the price of products.
- Only selling price group prices of the product will be updated, not the SKU or name.
- Any blank price will be skiped.
- Then import the file.
Selling at a particular price group:
- Go to POS.
- In the top, you will see the list of selling price groups. Select the one as per your requirement.
Note: This will not be visible if there are no selling price groups or if a user is assigned only one particular price group only.
- Select the prie group & the selling prices for the product will be as per the price group.
Assigning a user to a particular price group:
- Sometime you may want to assign a particular or few selected price group to a user. In that case, create a role with the desired permission & price group assigned.
- You must assign at least one price group for a role if that role has permission to sell.
Assigining a price group to a Business Location
- Helps selling same product at a different price in different business location.
- Go to Add/Edit Business Location and select the
IONIC Shop comes with an inbuilt feature to print customized labels for products.
You can go to print label screen from multiple places:
- From Products Sidebar menu Products -> Print Labels.
- Go to Products -> View Products and click on Actions -> Labels. This will add the selected product to print label list.
- Go to Purchases -> List Purchases and click on Actions -> Labels. This will add the products from the selected purchase to print label list.
- Once you’re in print label screen, add the products for which you want to print labels by entering the name or barcode/sku id.
- Adjust the quantity of each product’s label (No. of labels).
- Select the information you want to display in labels by checking/unchecking the options under “Information to show in labels” heading.
- Select the Barcode Setting according to your sticker. We have included some commonly used settings.
You can add new setting from Settings -> Barcode Settings menu.
- Click on Preview to view the labels.
- If everything looks good you can click on Print button to print it.
Note: You must set the Margins to ‘default’ in browser print window.
- If some information is getting half displayed because of sticker size, then it is advised to hide them or better to use a 20 Labels Per sheet settings.
Duplicate Products helps you to easily create a new product with the same data as another product, this helps you save repetitive entering of data and ultimately saves time by making the product entry
Correcting product stock mis-match or incorrect stock in different reports
Error 1: Mismatch between sold and purchased quantity
Error 2: Mismatch in stock shows in Stock-Report and sales screen. Sales screen accepts products greater or less than as in stock-reports.
This rarely happens because of some unknown reasons or if you try to manually update the stock in the database.
NOTE: You must have the role of admin for this to work.
Step 1: Go to this URL www.your-pos-website.com/reports/product-stock-details
Step 2: Select the business location and press search button. It will show the list of products for which there is a mismatch.
Step 3: Click on Fix button for each product.
Refer to the screenshot below
- Go to – Purchases -> Add Purchases
- Type Supplier Name or Business name in Supplier field. If the supplier doesn’t exist you must add them from Contacts -> Suppliers -> Add
- Enter Purchase reference number, Purchase date & Order Status.
- Select Business Location: Select a location where you want to add the purchase. You can add new Location from Settings -> Business Locations.
- Type product name or scan the product barcode number. It will show related matched products, select a product to add it to purchase list.
- On adding a new product you can enter purchase quantity, purchase price, and tax information.
- To add discount: Select the discount type (fixed or percentage) and enter the amount. IONIC Shop will auto-calculate the amount after discount.
- Enter purchase tax, Shipping Details, Additional Shipping charges, Payment status, & Additional notes.
You can view the list of purchases from Purchases -> List Purchases.
You can Print Labels for your purchase by Clicking “Print Labels” in List Purchases screen.
See details on printing Labels here.
Purchase payment meaning paying to the supplier for the Purchases.
- Paid: The PO is 100% paid.
- Due: The PO is 100% not paid.
- Partial: Partial amount of the PO has been paid.
- Overdue: PO is 100% not paid & past the due date.
- Partial Overdue: Partial amount of the PO has been unpaid & past the due date.
Adding payment when adding purchase:
In the add purchase screen, you can add payment for the purchase.
Adding payment from the List Purchase screen
In list purchase click the actions for any PO and it will display the list of actions for it. This option is not displayed if there is no payment due.
Adding payments from Contact
Go to contact -> Suppliers. Click on actions for the supplier and it will show “Pay Due amount”, click on it and pay the amount. “Pay Due amount” this option is not displayed if there is no payment due.
Adding/Editing Payment Method or Pay-Via
Sales / Sell
Configuring keyboard shortcuts for POS screen
IONIC Shop supports keyboard shortcuts, by default we have configured shortcuts for different actions in POS screen.
But you can configure it yourself as per your convenience.
To configure keyboard shortcuts, go to Settings -> System Settings. Here in the POS section, you will find a list of Operations and the shortcuts for them.
You can use the Available Key Names with any combination of letters or number to create shortcuts.
– Make sure the shortcuts do not conflict (is not same) with the shortcut of the browser. Making a shortcut same as the browser will have different effects in different browsers.
Discounts by Brand, Category, Location
- Name: Enter a meaning full name for the discount.
- Brand: Select the product brand where it will be applied.
- Category: Select the produc Category where it will be applied.
- Location: Select the location
- Priority: Discount with higher priority will have higher weight, however priority will not be considered for exact matches.
For example: if there are 2 discounts available for the same brand and/or category then the disount with higher priority will be applied.
- Discount type: Fixed or Percentage
- Start At: Start date of the discount.
- End At: Start date of the discount.
- Apply in selling price groups: If checked then the discount will be applied in the selling price group price. If not then it will not be applied.
- Apply in customer groups: If checked then the discount will be applied in the customer group price. If not then it will not be applied.
- Is active: Activate or not.
Enabling reward points:
- Go to Settings -> Business Settings -> Reward Points Settings.
- Click on Enable Reward Point and it will get enabled.
Reward Points Settings:
Reward points settings is divided into 2 parts:
- Earning Points Settings
- Redeem points settings
Earning Points Settings:
- Reward points display name: This is display or label name for reward points. Some people like to keep it as reward points or reward coins etc. Only used for displaying label.
- Amount spent for unit point: Meaning how much the customer spent to get one reward points.
If you set it as 10, then for every $10 spent by customer they will get one reward points.
If the customer purchases for $1000 then they will get 100 reward points.
- Minimum order total to earn reward: The minimum amount the customer should spent to get reward points.
If you set it as 100 then customer will get reward points only if there invoice total is greater or equal to 100. If invoice total is 99 then they won’t get any reward points.
You can set it as minimum 1.
- Maximum points per order: Maximum reward points customer can earn in one invoice. Leave it empty if you don’t want any such restrictions.
Redeem Points Settings:
- Redeem amount per unit point: It indicates the redeem amount per point.
For example: If 1 point is $1 the enter the value as 1. If 2 points is $1 then enter the value as 0.50.
- Minimum order total to redeem point: Minimum order total for which customer can redeem points.
- Minimum redeem point per order: Minimum redeem points that can be used per invoice. Leave it blank if you don’t need this restriction.
- Maximum redeem point per order: Maximum points that can be used in one order. Leave it blank if you don’t need this restriction.
- Redeem point expiry period: Expiry period for points earned by customer. You can set it in months or year. Expired points will get deducted from customer account automatically after this period.
NOTE: You must set the cron job for expiry feature to work. Cron Job Document
To display customers remaining reward point in invoice you can choose the option in invoice layout to display it.
Types of service:
- Types of service is mostly used in restaurants, it is for example Dine-in, Parcel, Courier, 3rd Party Delivery etc.
- Based on type of service you can change the price of the product by linking types of services to selling price group.
- You can add packing charges (fixed or percentage)
- Also, you can add more information like in custom fields.
Enabling Types of Service
Go to Settings -> Business Settings -> Modules -> Check the “Types of Service”
and save it.
Adding new Types of Service
- To add, go to Settings -> Types of service -> Add
- Add a name, description
- For each location select the Price Group that will be applicable. Select Default Selling price for selling in default price of the product.
- Enter packing charge, leave empty if not applicable.
- Enable custom field: this will enable some custom fields in type of service in POS screen.
Using Type of Service in POS/sales screen:
- On Enabling Types of service in POS screen you will see the option to select Type of service.
- Before adding a sales select the type of service and enter the relevant details.
- You can show the type of service information in receipt by enabling it from Invoice Layout
Tax Rates, Tax Groups & Disabling tax
- To add new tax go to Settings -> Tax Rates -> Add
- Add a descriptive name (eg: “VAT@5%”) and specify the “Tax Rate%”
- Sometime you will need to apply multiple taxes to an invoice or purchase. So you should create tax groups by combining multiple taxes.
- To add a Tax Group – Click on Add Button, Give a meaningful name, select the tax you want to use in this tax group.
- The tax rate of tax group will be the sum of tax rates of Sub-taxes added.
- If sub-tax is edited the corresponding tax group’s tax rate will also get updated accordingly.
- You cannot delete a Tax if it is used in a Tax Group.
- Don’t add Tax Rates in settings
- Go to Settings – Business Settings.
- Uncheck “Enable inline tax in purchase and sell“
- Uncheck “Enable Price & Tax info“
- Select “Default Sale Tax” as None
Setting IONIC Shop for Indian Users or other Country with GST support
We see a large number of Indian users preferring IONIC Shop, so writing this guide to help them use the application in a better way.
3 Different taxes in India:
- CGST (Central Goods & Services Tax)
- SGST (State Goods & Services Tax )
- IGST (Integrated Goods & Services Tax)
Go to Settings -> Tax Rate setting.
1. Create a tax with name CGST@10% and Tax Rate %: as 10. (10% is for example only, use the tax rate applicable)
2. Create a tax with name SGST@10% and Tax Rate %: as 10. (10% is for example only, use the tax rate applicable)
3. Create a tax with name IGST@14% and Tax Rate %: as 14. (14% is for example only, use the tax rate applicable)
4. Below Tax rate, it shows “Tax groups ( Combination of multiple taxes )”. Create on Add, enter the tax group name as Intra-State-CGST-SGST and select sub-taxes CGST@10% & SGST@10%.
5. Below Tax rate, it shows “Tax groups ( Combination of multiple taxes )”. Create on Add, enter the tax group name as Inter-State-IGST and select sub-taxes IGST@14%.
With this now when you purchase or sell a product you can select the applicable tax.
Displaying HSN Code for items (For some business)
1. HSN code depend on the category of a product.
2. Go to Settings -> Categories, click on “Add”. Add category name and category code. Category code is same as HSN code.
3. To display HSN code in invoice – Go to Settings -> Invoice Settings -> invoice layouts. Add/Edit invoice layout and click on ” Show category code or HSN code”. Save it. Assing that invoice layout to your business.
Above is a comprehensive documentation as per our knowledge on using IONIC Shop for Indian users, do check it out.
What is payment accounts?
Payment accounts are like for example bank account. You can transfer money from one payment account to another, deposit cash in payment account, pay to a supplier or deposit the amount received from a customer here.
Enabling Payment account
- Go to Settings ->Business Settings -> Modules
- Enable payment ‘Accounts’ option
- Save it.
- After saving you will see the “Payment accounts” option will be visible in left navigiation bar.
Payment account type & sub-type
- Go to Payment accounts -> List accounts -> Account Types
- Account type: to add a account type click on Add button and enter the name of account type and submit. Keep the Parent account type unselected.
- Sub-Account type: To add a sub-account type click on Add button, enter the name of sub-account type and select the Parent-account-type.
- When creaating account you can select the account type as per your need.
In Add/Edit business location you can select the default account for each payment method.
Adding expenses and Adding expenses for an employee
Adding expenses and Adding expenses for an employee
IONIC Shop allows you to add expenses for an employee. Thie expenses can be Salary, Bonuses, Perks, travel expenditure or anything else.
– Simply create a category for the expense you’re adding. Adding relevant categories helps you to classify expenses and analyze them.
– Go to Add Expenses, fill the details, select the relevant category and select the employee name expense for fields.
– Add the expense.
– To view details of all expenses for an employee go to “Sales Representative Report” and select the User. It will show the total expenses for the employee. You can also view the list of expenses from there.
Adding & Editing Payment Types or Pay Via options
In the above screen, you can see “Pay Via” options, the same option appears in POS “Multiple Pay” popup. With IONIC Shop you can add or edit existing payment options.
Adding new options:
- Go to config/constants.php
- Search for “enable_custom_payment_1”, “enable_custom_payment_2”, “enable_custom_payment_3”
- You can make this values as true to enable it.
- ‘enable_custom_payment_1’ => true,
- Refresh your browser & you will see the related option added to it.
Editing custom payments labels:
- By default, the custom payment labels display as “Custom Payment 1” and similar.
- Go to resources/lang/en and search for “custom_payment_1” or “custom_payment_2” or “custom_payment_3”
- ‘custom_payment_1’ => ‘Custom Payment 1’,
‘custom_payment_2’ => ‘Custom Payment 2’,
‘custom_payment_3’ => ‘Custom Payment 3’,
- ‘custom_payment_1’ => ‘Custom Payment 1’,
- Change ‘Custom Payment 1’ or the others to something you need.
- For example, if we want the labels of custom payment 1 to display as “RazorPay” then it will be like this:
‘custom_payment_1’ => ‘RazorPay’,
- For example, if we want the labels of custom payment 1 to display as “RazorPay” then it will be like this:
Enabling/Disabling Payment Methods in a business location:
- In Add/Edit business location you will find a list of all payment methods, you can enable/disable it by checking/unchecking the option.
- Set default account for payment methods: https://www.ionicshop.xyz/documentation/payment-accounts/setting-default-payment-accounts-for-payment-methods/
What is Stock Adjustment? And how to use it?
Stock Adjustment helps you decrease the goods you hold in stock, you can enter manual stock adjustments. It’s generally used to write-off damaged stock, or to adjust quantities after a stock take.
To create a stock adjustment
- First, go to “Add Stock Adjustment”
- Select the Business Location & date
- Select Adjustment Type (Normal Or Abnormal). Normal Or Abnormal is generally used to classify adjustment.
Generally Normal Adjustment meaning: Adjustment for normal reasons like Leakages etc.
Abnormal meaning: Adjustment for reasons like Fire, Accident etc.
- Add the products & quantity you want to decrease the product.
- Total amount recovered: Sometimes you can recover some amount from the damaged stocks, like from insurance claims, selling of scraps etc. If there is no amount recovered then you can simply make it 0.
The quantities entered for each product will be deducted from the available quantities.
You can view the details of stock adjustment in “Stock Adjustment Report”.
Also, Stock Adjustment is used in Profit & Loss Report (P & L Report). “Total Stock Adjustment” amount is deducted from (P & L Report) and “Total Stock Recovered” amount is added to Profit & Loss Report.
Setting up Email/SMTP for Forgot password & other email notifications
Setting Email for Forgot Password & Other application wide emails
Email functionality is used in some part of application like “Forgot Password”, “Offline Payment approval for SaaS module” and others from time-to-time.
During installation steps, you can set up email setting with all “SMTP” details or if you’re server support php-mail then you can use that too (php-mail is not recommended)
But if you have not setup it correctly then you can follow the below steps to do it:
- Open you .env file
- You will find the below configurations present there
- Fill in the appropriate details, you can get in contact with your hosting provider for any of the values above.
- For example with Gmail it looks like below:
- Some hosting disable port 587 and due to that email may not work, contact your hosting provider & they will enable it.
Business Settings allows you to set some of the common business-related information.
Here you can change:
- Business name
- Start Date
- Set Default Profit margin
- Financial year: For some countries, financial year starts from January and for some it stars on April. Here you can set the appropriate option for your country.
- Tax information
- Product SKU prefix
- Default Sales discount
- Default Sales tax
Tables, Service Staff, Bookings, Modifiers, Kitchen – for Restaurants, Saloon, Service center & others
Label weighing scale integration
A Label weighing scale generates a barcode based on the configuration of Prefix, Product SKU length, Quantity integer part length & Quantity fractional part length.
Enabling & setting it
To enable weighing scale integration in UltimatePOS, do the below settings:
- Go to Settings -> Business Settings -> POS -> Check Enable Weighing scale and save it.
- Below it provide the setting for the weighing scale.
- Product SKU length
- Quantity integer part length
- Quantity fractional part length
And save it.
- Go to the POS screen, click on the weighing scale button present next to the product SKU search field, on clicking, it will open a modal where you can scan/enter the barcode generated by the weighing scale. On Successful match of settings and barcode, the product will be added as per the specified quantity in the barcode.
- You can add a shortcut key for weighing scale by going to Settings -> Business Settings -> POS
Suppose if you give the below values in weighing scale settings
Product SKU length: 4
The price will be automatically calculated by multiplying quantity & unit price.
2 types of thermal printers are available in the market:
- Thermal Line Printers. (Supported after IONIC Shop version > 2.19): Easy to Install & Use.
- Thermal ESC/POS printers: Complicate to install & use, also some languages & currencies symbol may not be supported.
WE RECOMMEND USING A THERMAL LINE PRINTER FOR THE EASE OF SETUP AND GOOD PRINT QUALITY.
Thermal Line Printers: (Recommended)
Thermal line printers are easy to install & use. Also they supports browser based printing. For better result use paper with width 79mm.
To use a thermal line printer follow these steps:
- Setup the printer on your computer with the appropriate driver which comes with the printer.
- In the invoice layout select the Design as Slim
You’re now ready to use the printer, no more steps required.
Thermal ESC/POS printers:
Setting an ESC/POS thermal printer involves 3 steps:
- Adding a Printer
- Configuring business location to use the added printer.
- Installation Pos Print server.
Step1: Adding a Printer
- Add a new printer from Settings -> Receipt Printer
- Select the appropriate Connection Type:
- For “Network” provide the IP Address of the printer.
- For “Windows” map the printer to a file and provide the path of the file. You can do this by sharing the printer to your localhost.
The path will be in this format:
smb://localhost/my_printer_name OR smb://computer_name/my_printer_name (where my_printer_name is name of the printer)
- For “Linux” your printer device file will be somewhere like
- Select the capability profile and add character per line supported in the printer.
- Save the Printer configuration.
- Check the video below for more details on setting it.
Step2: Configuring Business Location to use printer:
- Go to Settings -> Business Settings.
- For a particular business location, go to “Settings” in actions column.
- Change “Receipt Printer Type” to “Use Configured Receipt Printer“
- Select the “Receipt Printers” from the list of Receipt Printers
- Click on Update.
Step3: Installing POS Print Server
For printing via receipt printer, you will need to install a “pos print server” on your local computer from which IONIC Shop is used.
- Download the server from this link. by clicking on “Download Repository”
- Unzip the zip file.
- Rename the unzipped folder to “pos_print_server”.
- Move the pos_print_server to document root (which is htdocs in XAMPP).
- Open Command Prompt or also called terminal. And go to the “pos_print_server” directory. You can go to this directory using “CD” command in the command prompt.
- From the Command Prompt which is now inside pos_print_server directory run the below command:
After running the command it will start the print server and show a message similar to below:
You may receive “Unrecognised command PHP”, in that case, add PHP command to your environment variable. (Google search result)
- Now we are ready to go. Try creating a test sell from the pos screen and it should print in your thermal printer. If you haven’t added a printer then follow the steps mentioned in “Step1: Adding a Printer” and it should work.
Great, now we’re ready to print on a thermal printer.
Give it a test drive.
Go to POS screen, add a test invoice and check if it prints. If not please check if the pos receipt server is running or not.
Many thermal receipt printers support ESC/POS to some degree. This driver has been known to work with:
EPOS TEP 220M
Epson TM-U295 (requires release() to release slip).
Epson TM-U590 and TM-U590P
Epson FX-890 (requires feedForm() to release paper).
Equal (EQ-IT-001) POS-58
Gainscha GP-5890x (Also marketed as EC Line 5890x)
Gainscha GP-U80300I (Also marketed as gprinter GP-U80300I)
Hasar HTP 250
Okipos 80 Plus III
P85A-401 (make unknown)
SEYPOS PRP-300 (Also marketed as TYSSO PRP-300)
Silicon SP-201 / RP80USE
Star TSP100 ECO
Star TSP100III FuturePRNT
Zjiang ZJ-5890T (Marketed as POS 5890T)